Summer Associate Program
- Young Basile offers a robust summer associate program which includes hands-on work experience, training and social events.
- We hire summer associates with the expectation that most will be invited to begin their career at Young Basile after law school. Our primary goal is that each summer associate gain a realistic sense of first year- associate life at our firm.
On Campus Interview Schedule
If we are not interviewing on your campus, please submit your cover letter, detailed resume, law school transcript and writing sample in confidence to: Recruitment Coordinator, Young Basile, 3001 West Big Beaver Road, Suite 624, Troy, Michigan, 48084, email@example.com
Law Clerk Testimonials
Summer Associate FAQ’s
- Q: How would you describe Young Basile’s culture?
A: Our firm prides itself on our collaborative work environment. We have an open door policy and we consider ourselves committed to each associates success.
- Q: What’s the length of your summer associate program?
A: Typically, the Young Basile summer associate program is a ten week program that begins in mid-May and ends mid-August.
- Q: May a summer associate split the summer with another law firm?
A: No, our firm does not allow summer associates to split summers.
- Q: Will I have a mentor?
A: Yes. Each summer associate is paired with one mentor. Mentors will attend social events and assist the summer associates on a regular basis throughout the entire program.
- Q: What social events can summer associates expect to take part in?
A: At Young Basile, we encourage summer associates to get to know our partners and associates. Throughout the summer we host a variety of social events because we believe that developing relationships and friendships is important both in your career and in life. Previous favorites include an annual end-of summer celebration at a partner’s home and a Detroit Tigers baseball game.
- Q: What’s the firm’s dress code?
A: Our dress code is business casual.
- Q: What is the present starting salary for first year associates?
A: Ann Arbor: $120,000*
Palo Alto: $120,000*
*This is our starting base salary that does not include an annual performance bonus which ranges from $15,000 - $25,000 a year
- Q: How are hiring decisions made? A: We hire summer associates with the expectation that we will be able to extend him or her an offer as a full-time associate. Our firm has traditionally had the capacity to make offers to all summer associates. Hiring decisions are made on the last day at the firm in the summer.